Unending Epilogue 3

June 2009

Still leading an unproductive life. Spending way too much time in front of a small laptop screen. Inertia is not a good thing. People think I’m brilliant though – and not just for Salsa. I shouldn’t take anything from the compliments other than I am not brain dead.

As for Salsa, I hardly danced On1 this month. I think almost everyone prefer On2 pretty much everywhere I go. I think I might be getting rusty with On1 in fact. This is something I never expected.

The biggest event this month was the DC Salsa Congress. I only managed to go on Friday night and Sunday night – and I originally thought I was going to miss Sunday night. Despite missing the biggest night (Saturday), I thought the Congress was brilliant. At least for Salsa that is. It was actually a fairly small Congress by the numbers but not in quality. I danced with some people (complete strangers) as many as 4 times including one girl from Finland/NC, who could have passed for a model/actress/whatever (she was surprisingly good and seemed to enjoy the dances with me a great deal, which was good but also somewhat sad for my ego/mind/whatever).

That Saturday I was in New York for a cousin’s wedding. The DJ there after seeing me dance Cha Cha to Oye Como Va by Santana with one of my aunts decided to play – La Vida Es Un Carnaval. A 72-year old man (husband of groom’s older sister) complimented me on Cha Cha saying he loved that dance. I thought he was in his early 50s – in fact he could have passed from someone in his 40s. His daughter (in her 50s) told me later that her father seems to get younger as he ages.

No comments: