Unending Epilogue 18

September 2010

The number of Salsa outing jumped considerably this month. Hmm.

September 7 - Barking Dog. The drive there was unpleasant because the contact lens on my left eye was bothersome. The DJ was Sonero, and the music was common. Dancing was generally better than it was last week.

...thoughts in between...

What’s Salsa for? I suppose it is good for cheap thrills, superficial social life and exercise of sorts. Getting into Salsa dancing was a positive and important experience for me, but I don’t feel so dependent on it anymore.

... ...

September 11 - DCDC celebrating Tommy Smith’s birthday was an impressive party. It was the biggest and best DCDC party in memory. The number of out of town people was unusual. About the only regret was that I couldn’t dance with them all.

September 14 - Barking Dog. Pretty good. I forgot about the cologne.

...a surprising statement heard...

H said the most surprising thing to me Friday night. She said I should keep going out Salsa dancing! What has come over her? I could understand why S changed her mind, but I was rather flabbergasted to hear H say it.

... ...

September 21 - Oh wow. I had not expected that I would have found tonight’s Salsa outing to Barking Dog to provide such a crutch! I was such a poor mood before I got there. I’m glad I had it as a drug to get me off from depression and malaise. Even a simulation of passion is better than nothing at all. Even though fake pretend love cannot complete replace a real one, it alleviates the pain of loss of one. I would guess that this was a merely better than average night, but it did well to make me forget my weariness.

September 25 - DCDC. Salsa. It gives. It takes away. In times of desperation, fake passion helps. In times of contentment, fake makes you long for something real. This seems to summarize my feelings after another night out Salsa dancing on a Saturday night. The dancing was pretty good to start with, but I ran out of steam early - not at all helped by heat and humidity brought upon by too many people attending to celebrate Jimmy's birthday.

In addition, I signed up for a 6-lesson of Tango via my university alumni group. The reason for me is more social than learning a new dance although getting a taste of a different dance seem like a reasonable backup plan. These lessons started on September 20 and will run to early October. The Tango style taught supposedly is Salon style within the Argentine Tango umbrella. Through three sessions, we have gone over walking, syncopated steps, weight transfer, leaning forward, hold, musical interpretation, etc but no figures thus far.

No comments: