Recovering from SOS at Club Salsa

December 14, 2005

Time of arrival at Club Salsa - a little after 10 PM with Rome serving as a main distraction. I'm sucker for historical drama and BBC keeps coming up with one after another. Earlier this year it was Space Race with focus on rocket scientists, now it's Rome with emphasis on peripheral characters - this new show's portrayal of Octavius (later Augustus) is brilliant and inspired. Almost as good is how Mark Antony is depicted. Polly Walker (playing Atia) delivers great lines episode after episode.

Overall it was a pretty good night.

Funniest thought (complaint) of early in the evening - "This is like SOS all over again!"

Above line came to my head early in the evening after several dances, in which I found my partners a bit stiff and heavy to lead. I'm spoiled by followers with light touches, such as Claudia and several other to be left unnamed. Later on, there were nicer dances too but also a whole lot of declined dances. Have I mentioned that there are not many competent followers in Cambridge who do not get enough dances to suit them?

No comments: