Where are the alphas?

May 18, 2007

Another day. Work. Salsa. Sleep.

What else is out there? Sports. Games. Reading. Watching. Oh - I suppose interacting with other people - kin, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, etc.

I didn't make Sally's class again - I couldn't finish early enough.

I made it to Sauce around 9:20. Many tables of people again. Sewell, Clara, Rajiv and William occupied a big table with a couple of free seats.

At Club Salsa, there were some surprise shows. Surprise absences outnumbered them though.

Some of it is due to studying - undergraduates in particular are preparing for exams, etc - it explains Haihan. Apparently Ivan is out with cold. I have no idea what happened to Cyrille. Sergio is not expected until early-mid June. They left a void.

Then again, it still felt like men outnumbered women by a fair margin all night. Euvian was there but changed her shoes fairly early. Some other people also left fairly early - never resulting in rectifying the imbalance.

I felt that I was leading moves better than last week - it doesn't necessarily mean more controlled dances because I would try more and different things when standard moves work well.

I can't decide for sure if La Loma Del Tamarindo (El Gran Combo) should be danced as Salsa or Cha-Cha. Perhaps either is fine.

Tonight's approach - warm-up and watch for first several songs then dance through much of the middle part of the evening and sometimes looking for an inner-marchant then finishing with shines, isolations and more watching.

Vishal asked me if I knew anyone who is interested in Scala next Sunday (with coach ride and all) who haven't signed up. Is anyone interested but have not signed up yet? People studying for exams are exempt - as well as people who are allowed to go out only once a week. ;p

No comments: