Vish B-day

July 20, 2007

Too busy and too uninspired to write much. This was Vishal's birthday party. There were many cars parked nearby. There were many unusual guests in forms of instructors and their friends. Joe Davids was the DJ for a couple of hours. Joe started his session fairly cheesy (I think he was perfectly reasonable to have done so given what was being played shortly before he took over) but also played a lot of standard good stuff too. Some people were dressed to nines - most notable being Cristian's white tie and suit with suspenders. I on the other hand wore a short-sleeved shirt (bright yellow) for the first time to Club Salsa on a Friday this year. I also drank about 1 1/2 bottles of San Miguel (on top of another beer I had for dinner) before having my first dance. From the usual gang the only others making an appearance were Rajiv and later on Cyrille. Despite it all, the crowding on the dance floor was very manageable. Vishal had his birthday dance with girls circling him a la London style. Cristian and Danie gave an impromptu performance - I think the song used was Herencia Rumbera (Roberto Roena Y Su Apollo Sound). Cha Cha was played twice (same song) so I had two On2 opportunities with Andrea and with Natalia. There also was a nice opportunity to dance with Cinzia. The party ended ~2:30 AM.

No comments: