Brooms and mops

December 6, 2007

It was an unusually busy week at work - at least by my UK standard. After picking up Cyrille, it was past 10 by the time I got to Club Salsa. There were many cars, but not very many people. Supposedly a lot of people left because of the floor - although that happens regardless of floor or of music or of people (ummm - let me correct that - I think people do make a difference). It was really bad - very slippery and very sticky interspersed. After some useless struggling, we decided to sweep and mop the floor. Then we waited until the floor dried sufficiently. The floor seemed okay by the end, but then the music wasn't so hot by then - too many fast songs. Indestructible at normal speed. Barrunto - I simply don't like this song - especially for something that gets played nearly every week. Another fast one followed. La Pelota - I think it is insane to include this song in a pre-programmed disc to be used extensively (although I would object to reusing same set of discs (meaning predictable sequence of same songs) as standard practice). I was there til 11:45, but I think it was because of inertia.

No comments: