Bored Or Lethargic?

September 12, 2008

When Vish asked me to be at CS by 9:45 asking me to DJ all night, I guessed that Joe was away this week. Wrong. Joe was there, and he played music fairly late into the evening.

Apparently many of the people I know were not at CS last Friday thus missing out on another big flooding incident. Curious. I did not give it much thought however.

When Joe revealed the identity of the person celebrating a birthday, I thought I had a better guess as why some of the people were here tonight. Raj. Then again it wasn’t a super unusual group tonight.

I paused for a second in anticipation when Nina asked me for a request for the first time in over two years. Doh! She wasn’t the first to ask for Monchy & Alexandra; I could have gotten it more than a year ago (although I didn’t get to find out which particular song she was asking for).

Meanwhile David continues to lean on me to get some DLG. Be fair and balanced?

I probably ended up dancing with 6-8 people including Zhenzhi and Andrea before taking over as DJ. Joe suggested that the number of people dancing seemed alright considering how it looked at the start. I replied that I’ll probably lose the dancers right away with my first song. Joe’s choices tonight included more R&B type Salsa than typical (Get It On, Contigo, Show Me, two versions of Fragile, etc).

I opted to be done with one choice to amuse myself very early before settling down on vanilla and getting quite Salsa-free near the end.

Playlist

Joe Cuba’s Latin Hustle – Joe Cuba*
Ken Moussoul Guis Li – Africando*
La Paella – Jose Alberto “El Canario”
Tres Dias De Carnaval – Celia Cruz & Johnny Pacheco
Ajiaco Caliente – Eddie Palmieri
Cao Cao Mani Picao – Tito Puente & Vincentico Valdes
El Negrito Del Batey – Direct Latin Influence
Ven Tu – Domenic Marte
Guaguanco Del Gran Combo – El Gran Combo
Tu Amor Me Hace Bien – Marc Anthony
Cali Aji – Grupo Niche
Hablame – Frankie Ruiz
El Cepillo – Fulanito
Pin Pon – El Medico
Que Buena Baila Usted – Oscar D’Leon
Solo Se Que Tiene Nombre De Mujer – Angel Canales
Oiga Mire Vea – Guayacan Orquesta
Trucutu – Tommy Olivencia
Visa Para Un Sueno – Juan Luis Guerra
I Wanna Love You – Pablo Bachata
Luna Negra – Rey Ruiz
Rompe – Daddy Yankee
Guallando – Fulanito
Playa Fa Sho – Toby Love
Silencio – Hector Tricoche*
Miss Fatty – El Medico*
Impacto – Daddy Yankee
Lamento Boliviano – Toque D Keda
Quiero Enamorarte – Marco Ferretti

Total = 29 songs. 1 Cha Cha new. 4 Merengue. 4 Reggaeton including 1 new. 5 Bachata. 15 Salsa including 2 new.

No comments: