First set of Advanced with Johnny & Serap

February 25, 2005

This was revised on Mar 26 using memory and reasoning (possibly faulty)

1,2,3. cross body lead start
5. lead partner forward
6,7. turn partner counterclockwise 1 1/2
7,8. I turn clockwise 180 (my L hand is behind my back!)
1. move to left to lead partner across my behind to left then let go of L hand
2,3. walk to right then behind partner and turning clockwise 90 (big steps may be needed) and prevent partner from moving further forward with R hand on partner's stomach {R hand could be on stomach by as early as 2}
4. get hold of partner L hand with L hand (L-L hold stays for a while)
5,6,7. lead partner backwards as I move to partner's L to get to cross body position
1,2,3. stylize while getting ready for another cross body lead (or simply step forward and back)
5. lead partner across
6,7 turn partner counterclockwise 360 (L-L hold high) and place R hand on partner's right shoulder to prevent further turn
1. forward and side-step to right with left foot as left hand is lowered on (I think L hand may have to go over partner's head on 2,3 though)
2,3. back to original position with partner turned 180 on 3 -- switch hands (actually get partner's left wrist with my right hand

last week's variation
5,6,7. lead partner back and to a free-spin (counterclockwise) on 5,6,7 (can turn myself at the same time)
end facing each other

this week's variation
move partner forward on 5 (like cross body lead) then spin partner counterclockwise and forward on 6,7
end facing each other

No comments: