Three Sombreros - CDC Rhona & Helen Intermediate

February 23, 2005

Sombrero-like
crossed hand hold - R above L
1,2,3. cross body lead start
5. lead partner across leading mainly with R hand
6,7. turn partner counterclockwise 1 3/4 with R hand going over partner's head first followed by L hand (optional: I could turn myself a bit to reduce the amount of turn necessary for my partner)
8. place L hand behind partner's neck and partner's R arm behind my neck to achieve "Sombrero" position

option 1. reverse cross body lead
1,2,3. step in place and release all hands while R hand goes to partner's back
5,6,7. lead partner across to my right side (270 clockwise turn for partner)
8. back to open or closed hold

option 2. underarm turn
1,2,3. step in place & release hands & R hand on top of partner's L shoulder
5,6,7. lead partner to an in place under arm (my L arm) (1 1/4 clockwise turn for partner)
8. back to open or closed hold

option 3. counterclockwise turn with L-R hold
1,2,3. step in place & release hands & drop L hand to R waist of partner to get hold of partner's R(?) hand
5,6,7. raise L hand and turn partner 270 counterclockwise
8. back to open or closed hold

No comments: