Cuban wheel step incorporated - Johnny & Serap Intermediate

April 8, 2005

This was a bona fide intermediate level class and was superb!

open hold
1,2,3 basic and raise L hand and keep R hand low on 3 (Setenta-like start)
5,6,7 allow partner to do a pivot turn (clockwise) 180 keeping L high R low [correction: this has to be a full 360 turn]
1,2,3 push partner back on 1 (open break – tiny step back), turn partner counterclockwise as I move around the partner on my left (and turning as much as 180 to reduce the amount of turn for partner)
5,6,7 push partner back on 5 (another open break! – tiny step back) and move forward and to left on with L hand high and R hand released on 6 and turn ~180 (while partner also turns 180) counterclockwise to face partner

open hold
1,2,3 Enchufe start and keep L hand high through 3,4 (and through 5,6,7 and following 1-7)
5,6,7 slightly back on 5, in place on 6, and step forward under L-R hand arch (fairly large step) past partner on 7 and place R hand on partner’s back/shoulder (I think I can do this with back of my R hand)
1,2,3 Cuban wheel step (L foot over R foot on 1) and back and back on 2,3 with L hand still held high all while partner is lead to a clockwise walk (leading with my R hand also) – my suggestion: it may be useful to turn slightly counterclockwise on 3/4 to face the partner because they may not make it back to proper place
5,6,7 make sure there’s enough room then use the momentum to help partner turn clockwise

L-L hold
1,2,3 pivot turn for myself 180 clockwise ending with my L arm behind my back and R arm in normal front position
5,6,7 basic as R hand scoops up partner’s L arm up then toss it (high) back to my L hand (partner can stylize the landing of her L hand back to my L hand)

Note: These three sequences can be easily joined together with couple of simple stylizations (switching hands, etc.) made during pivot turns for partner and/or cross body lead

No comments: