Mind numbing improvers with Cristian, Dee and Co.

April 27, 2005

closed body basic
1,2,3,5,6,7 cross body lead ending with switching hands to R-R only
1,2,3 prepare partner (side to side)
5,6,7 lead partner to a pivot turn as I turn counterclockwise (Sergio might call this left hand turn)
1,2,3 give partner a quick hat and return to position while initiating cross body lead
5,6,7 lead partner forward on 5 and lead partner to a 360 counterclockwise turn that is interrupted with my L hand being placed on partner's L shoulder - I am positioned to the right of my partner and slightly behind
1,2,3 twist partner (continuing counterclockwise motion) on 1 and back in place on 2,3
5,6,7 lead partner to a 1 1/2 clockwise turn to face me with R high
1,2,3 pivot and turn 180 clockwise
5,6,7 back accommodating step as crossed hand hold with L high is established
1,2,3 initiate cross body lead
5,6,7 end like Titanic (both arms outstretched)
1,2,3,5,6,7 another twist and back on 1,2,3 and another 1 1/2 clockwise turn for partner on 5,6,7 with R hand high and L-L released (normal finish for Titanic)
1,2,3 another pivot while placing partner's R hand on my L neck on 1/2
5,6,7 duck head underneath partner's hand as back basic is completed

I was losing my mind from boredom. Practice is always good but it's not as useful dancing with worse dancers as it is dancing with better people. I can't believe I'm becoming a snob although I'm not that good.

No comments: