Floor update - Bachata update

November 9, 2005

The floor at Club Salsa has been smoothened out considerably. I think it is pretty close to way it was before the varnish and flooding problems. Double turns were doable. Hopefully no other problems will occur, at the very least until after November 21st.

Ticket sales for the Bachata event started in earnest this evening. Half of the spots for men in the second "improver" workshop have been claimed already. Ticket sales tomorrow night should give me a good indication of interest level at all levels. My plan is to have all workshop tickets sold out in advance, and I suspect this is doable. I don't think there is any reason to sell tickets for club entry only in advance.

Less than 2 weeks to go until Bachata workshops and after-party. I knew that it was going to be a mad scramble to organize this event when Tony suggested that I do this in early October, and this really has been the case despite mind my effort to look pretty casual and relaxed about it.

I had left 125 fliers at Club Salsa last week. They were all gone when I arrived at Club Salsa around 9:30 PM. I suspect that many of the fliers were thrown away or misplaced inadvertantly rather than taken by patrons. Thankfully, I still have another 375 fliers left. I left another 50 or so fliers at the front desk, and it may make more sense to arrive early every day and leave a small number of fliers each time.

No comments: