Wednesday musings

November 2, 2005

The floor at Club Salsa is not as bad as it was last week; I didn't find large amount of varnish stuck to the bottom of my shoes at the end of the evening. However, it was far from perfect, and I ended up passing up on many opportunities to ask for dances in part because of the floor conditions. As for tomorrow, there are two choices: a free entry to the University Centre Salsa Night hosted by CDC with good floor versus five pound entry for lesson and club with floor that hinders your ability to dance. No contest, right? Club Salsa will get a better floor - market forces demand it. Hopefully ti will happen sooner rather than later and no later than November 21st.

I talked to and apologized to last few key people, who were affected by my blog controversy. So I talked to about 95% of the people, and the remaining 5% are cases whose names I mentioned only once in passing without any comment and whom I don't see very often. I still feel a little uneasy with some of the people, but the best I can do now is to be cordial with them and pretend that they harbour no ill feelings toward me any longer. We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be (K. Vonnegut).

Salsa Night at CDC tomorrow was scheduled in part to coincide with Lady Salsa, which is touring in Cambridge this week. Vishal is expecting a large crowd at Club Salsa on Friday because of this; we shall see. In any case, I suspect I won't be dancing very much Friday because the advertising blitz for the Bachata event and ticket sales will start Friday if all goes well.

No comments: