See you in August? September? October?

June 22, 2006

Intermediate/Advanced (combined) with Sally and Chris

1,2,3,5,6,7 CBL end with R-R hold
1,2,3,5,6,7 CBL crossed hold L-L underneath and lead follower into traveling 1 1/2 clockwise turn touch-and-go
1,2,3,5,6,7 drop L-L underneath R-R as leader does 1/2 clockwise turn – lead follower into full stationary clockwise turn and leader turns 1/2 counterclockwise
1,2,3,5,6,7 leader walks 1/2 turn counterclockwise with L-L high, then let go R-R (place follower's R hand on R waist/hip) and leader prepares and does 1 1/2 counterclockwise spin turn
1,2,3,5,6,7 R-R underneath L-L and prepare follower on 1,2,3 Mambo basic and broken left start on 5 and get follower into crucifix position with 1/2 counterclockwise turn for follower
1,2,3,5,6,7 prepare follower keeping L-L low and lead follower into 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn touch and go with L-L and end with L-L behind follower’s R waist
1,2,3,5,6,7 Copa start with free R hand ending on follower’s R hip/waist – lead follower to left on 4/5 and lead follower into traveling (backwards) clockwise turn and leader turn to get back into facing follower
1,2,3,5,6,7 open break and into tight closed hold with L-L going over leader’s head for hat – then turn as unit full counterclockwise (360 or around-the-world or whatever)

Was tonight a case of boom before bust? I don’t know the extent of the effect the summer vacation will have upon Salsa in Cambridge for next few months. In any case, there were plenty of people to dance with tonight probably because school is not quite done but is closed to being done. There so many people yet so little time that I missed out on several really good ones. One or two omissions were especially regrettable. Oh well. You can’t have it all.

Quote of the day (may not be exact) – “You can always get better.”

Yes, I agree completely. In some ways it’s a little sad though…

Another quote – “Cambridge is a small place.”

Sigh.

Why do I get a feeling that not everything is well? And much of it is beyond my control. I suspect it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Dancing was pretty good. I don’t think anyone I danced with had major complaints. Who knows for sure though? There were some bumps and scratches; I lost a small piece of skin on my ring finger.

Unspoken thought of the day (not mine) - "I must protect my beer!"

Vishal seemed pleased and proud of the new AC. Temperature at the club was fine, but we'll have to see what happens on a warmer day with bigger crowd for a true test.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hyh said...

Previous comment was deleted because it had some private information (e-mail address of the person who left the comment to be specific). If someone needs to contact me and do not have my contact information, feel free to use my less private e-mail address - djtony.cam@gmail.com. This information can be accessed via my profile page. Near the end of the sidebar below list of archives by month, there's a section called "more about me." Click on HYH underneath to access more information - right now, it just has the e-mail address and my first name.