SOS for those who were feeling it

October 22, 2006

Considering how late I stayed up (or regardless of it or perhaps even because of it), I was feeling pretty energetic throughout the afternoon. So even though Sergio and Mimi both eventually decided against SOS tonight, I headed there in high spirits by myself by train knowing only Liam will arrive later in the evening. I didn’t get in touch with everyone I might have wanted to, but then again I was in something of going alone (or at least not invite a big group) kind of mood.

SOS was in excellent form tonight, not feeling any aftereffects of Scala as far as I can tell. Some of the people I saw at Scala were here again (e.g. Adam L, Joe D., Martina). By the way, Cyrille apparently thought many people from SOS were at Scala last night, but I didn't think so. Even though I enjoyed dancing at Scala (perhaps in some ways more than at SOS tonight), I think the general level is almost always higher at SOS compared to any place else in London.

My dancing was good – arguably best at the very beginning and at the very end. The middle part was quite up and down.

I saw “Diane” again as well. I didn’t dance with her – just made some conversation here and there in between. I probably won’t see or hear from her in person for a while – maybe a month or perhaps longer. I’m a little bummed about this of course.

The DJ tonight was Amir, Helen’s boyfriend. He was one of the big draws for me wanting to go to SOS tonight (Liam told me couple of days ago that Amir was the DJ tonight). I must say that his selections were somewhat up-and-down and certainly not as provocative as the first time I heard him play. However, a good DJ cannot play the same best songs all the time lest they are made stale (as even Liam admitted). I did ask Amir about and received information on one interesting song – Traicion by Roberto Roena.

Liam accompanied me on the way back. He danced a lot more than usual – about 15 songs (and he sometimes dances as few as 3 times at SOS). The conversation was almost exclusively about music and dance – no surprise there.

Quote of the day – “I feel like I have become good only recently. Umm. Let me take that back. It’s all relative.”

It’s true! Just like the words like “Intermediate” and “Advanced” when describing things like Salsa classes should be taken with a big grain of salt.

Exchange of the day – “It sounds like you might want to go there with a tape recorder.” “Or a video recorder.”

It was about taking private lessons with Frankie Martinez (written with a wink for you-know-who-you-are).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered changing the name of your blog to the 'Mimmi Appreciation Website'?

hyh said...

Mimi's wonderful, but such thought never occurred to me. I thought this blog was more about me me me.

Many other people get more plugs here than Mimi too.

It is conceivable that the blog would become more popular if it was more about Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Many other...like the one whose name, if mentioned, brings about the state of embarrassment (especially around exits 8 and 9)?

Anonymous said...

forgot the ;-)

hyh said...

I wasn't thinking of that name either - you mischief maker you.

My take even now is that the sun has set or never rose in the first place.

By the way, I trust/hope my probation is still in good order?

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to say that you've already started your test period or, as you call it, probation? I still see a lot of me around (and not just for the statistical purposes). :)

hyh said...

But but but...

It's me me me...

Not you you you...

No contents, just reactions...

No Qword not to be afraid of the Tword...

hyh said...

Of course, it may not be an improvement; it might be worse.

I guess I'll need to know more; let's talk later away from this spotlight.