LP Before SK

August 29, 2008

My left index finger still felt strained so I was not nonplussed by not having danced much. Triple negative. Nice.

Large number of the Thursday contingent made appearance - Himalayan Ivan, Jane, Zhenzhi, Sam, Steve, Raj, Clara, Sharon, Here-indefinitely Ed, etc. There was a new crew at work behind bars as well as a new distraction for out-of-sight Vish.

I took over the DJ booth after Joe for a fairly long set – til closing. I guess I am compensating for last week and next week.

Playlist

El Verdadero Son – Estrellas Caiman
Que Bonito Es Sonar – Jimmy Bosch
Ritmo Tambo Y Flores – Sonora Matancera? (Javier Vazquez)
Ven A Medellin – Grupo Gale
El Yoyo – La Charanga New York (-8%)*
Woman De Callao – Juan Luis Guerra
Te Extrano – Toque D Keda
Sujetate La Lengua – Eddie Palmieri*
Nadie Como Ella – Marc Anthony (1)
Che Che – New Swing Sextet*
Falso Amor – Willie Rosario*
Me Voy Pa Cali – Oscar D’Leon
Asia Mood – Tito Puente
Rosalia – Juan Luis Guerra
Quiero Enamorarte – Marco Ferretti
De Todas Maneras Rosas – Ismael Rivera
Y No Hago Mas Na – El Gran Combo
Yo Puedo Tu Puedes – Hector Tricoche
La Fiesta Del Pilito – El Gran Combo (2)
Bilongo – Tito Rodriguez
Fuego A La Jicotea – Marvin Santiago
Guallando – Fulanito
Musica Ligera – Toque D Keda (3)
El Agua Del Clavelito – Johnny Pacheco
Ay Amor Cuando Hablan Las Miradas – Orquesta Guayacan
Mary – Joe Arroyo
Ntoman – Africando (4)*
Diamoule Mawo – Laba Sosseh
Es La Musica – Massimo Scalici (5)
Impacto – Daddy Yankee*
El Costo De La Vida – Juan Luis Guerra (6)
Loco De Amor – Evolution A R
Mentirosa – Louie Ramirez & Ray De La Paz
Se Me Fue – El Gran Combo
Desnudate Mujer – Frankie Ruiz
A Pedir Su Mano – Juan Luis Guerra
Lamento Boliviano – Toque D Keda
La Llave – Grupo Latin Vibe
Me Media Mitad – Rey Ruiz (7)*

(1) David’s request.
(2) Another of David’s request before I played Y No Hago Mas Na. I decided that playing it now makes it easier for me to play the next song. It started the fastest trio of songs for the evening.
(3) Song info requested.
(4) Another song info requested.
(5) David was like, “What is this?” A setup for a token Reggaeton?
(6) I’m on a Juan Luis Guerra rut.
(7) No Mauricio by now. Actually I think he was gone before Guallando.

Total = 39 songs. 5 Merengue. 5 Bachata. 1 Reggaeton new. 28 Salsa including 6 new.

I ran into Mariella and SO on my way out. They were actually on their way to CS on a late whim. Maybe another time.

1 comment:

Bojan Komazec said...

Hyh, it was me who requested info on Ntoman's song "Africando" that night and thank you for sharing it. I tried to find it on a YouTube and found only one video with that song in the background. Finally got it in one latin compilation downloaded as torrent. But shhhh ;-)