Atrophy Prevention

February 8, 2009

Let’s just say it was for regular maintenance – to avoid skills from atrophying.

I must be out of shape. By 10:30, my legs were shot. By the last song, I could feel that my left leg was about to cramp up. I can’t believe it – this was the first time it happened to me at SOS. Heck, I can’t remember it happening at Congress nights. Is it the shoes? After all I also had some problem at Athens. Or is it because I’m exerting more energy. Perhaps I’m just getting old.

At least I had several really nice dances tonight. For a change, I had many more great On2 dances compared to great On1 dances. As for total number, it was about half and half. There were two awful dances too – one On1 and one On2, one no surprise and one a small surprise. Both used to be better. One has been difficult for a long time - she seems to willfully disregard following - on time and in general. The other has started developing odd habits and getting worse starting about 3 dances ago - this time she was consistently losing balance and dragging me down along; no idea if it's growing pains. I also had one Bachata for a change – I was asked.

There was a new DJ. I think his name is Eric (the Saint) from DR. He started off the set with Ken Moussoul Guis Li. The third song was Mambo Is Here To Stay by Latin Giants of Jazz. Other songs used included Avisale A Mi Contrario (TR), Abaniquito (Pucho), Trompeta y Flauta (Duste rmx). On the whole I liked his selections a lot.

I ran into Liam and Robin. Robin was taking lesson (level 4?). Liam is talking about visiting Camb this week.

I’m too busy to write a better post, and I was too distracted to write anything on the train. I wonder how many SOS trips I have left. Two? Three? Five?

No comments: