Heinz called it easy – Johnny & Serap Advanced

June 3, 2005

I thought it was very doable and lovely. Noticing my continued (or from her point of view, new) effort to lead gently, Serap commended me for having become much smoother with my lead.

open hold
1,2,3 basic – L arm up and R arm at waist level on 3/4 to get into Setenta position
5,6,7 lead follower to a full clockwise turn ending in Setenta position (R-L behind follower’s back right waist)
1,2,3 basic with step backwards on 3 keeping L high
5,6,7 leading with R hand at waist level, lead follower to a 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn (moving across me on my right side like reverse cross body lead) and keeping L high – this results in briefly unwrapping follower and then ending up wrapping follower again with R-L on front right of follower and with my arm behind follower’s back – both follower and I are facing more or less same direction or be at a slight angle to face each other with follower on my right
1,2,3 step in place on 1 as R at waist level starting to lead follower to a clockwise turn (this will end up being a full turn) - meanwhile I step in a slight clockwise walk on 2 as follower continues to turn, and I turn perhaps 1/4 to 1/2 (depending on how far the follower turned) clockwise by 3 – this ends with R arm extended forward and L arm on follower’s L shoulder – follower and I are facing more or less same direction or be at a slight angle to face each other with follower on my left
5,6,7 lead follower to a 1/2 counterclockwise turn thus ending up facing each other – arms are strangely crossed
1,2,3 pivot turn with both arms up – end with giving myself a wrap with hands across in front of my neck
5,6,7 bring hands down to my waist and switch to R-R and L-L
1,2,3 push follower back on 1 and bring follower to my left with L arm extended by 3
5,6,7 bring L-L inwards to lead follower to 1/2 clockwise turn and switch to R-L to end in Setenta like position
1,2,3 cross body lead start
5,6,7 finish cross body lead with 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn for follower to get back to open position

shine of the day
1,2,3,5,6,7 basic
1 L foot slide behind R foot without placing any weight on it
2 L foot slide back in place (or maybe slightly to left)
3 R foot slide behind L foot
5,6,7 full clockwise turn (hook turn)
1,2,3 crazy legs routine
- 1 L foot cross over in front of R foot, then R foot goes slightly to R
- 2 L foot moves slightly to L, then R foot moves slightly to R - maybe the feet are not crossed anymore at this point
- 3 L foot moves slightly to R, then R foot moves slightly to L (going back to crossed over state)
5 R foot moves slightly back and to R
6 L foot moves to left front
7 both legs slide to front left
1 L foot crosses over (could be almost like a kick) in front of R foot to initiate backwards movement
2 R foot steps slightly back
3 L foot back together with R foot
5,6,7 back basic

I must have danced with record number of followers tonight (at least 12, five of whom were new dance partners for me). With some followers heretofore beyond my reach (e.g. ones from the Cambridge Salsa Team and Sally), I found that I didn’t need to make any effort to get them to turn after reverse cross body lead (as taught by Ivan & Sally in their workshop). I was surprised to find that same held true for some of my regular dance partners. Anyhow, the gentle lead approach is going really well.

No comments: