Not particularly difficult but they're all easy now, no? - Cristian & Dee Intermediate

June 29, 2005

Football was cancelled tonight, so I managed a rare stop at a Cristian and Dee class.

1,2,3,5,6,7 cross body lead
1,2,3 prepare
5,6,7 lead follower to double turn clockwise with R-L high
1,2,3 pivot turn and into open cross body position
5,6,7 lasso
1,2,3 back to open cross body position
5,6,7 lasso again
1,2,3 back in front
5,6,7 step to right with R-L high with pizza waiters grip to lead follower to full clockwise turn, do a half counterclockwise turn to get back into open hold
1,2,3 open break and wrap (Habana start)
5,6,7 hook turn and switch to R-R at shoulder level (another pizza waiter’s hold)
1,2,3 get into cross body lead position while making L-L connection above R-R
5,6,7 lead follower forward and into a full counterclockwise turn ending in Titanic position
1,2,3 lower hands and raise L-R
5,6,7 lead follower to a 1 1/2 clockwise turn, end with a hook turn of my own with L-R lowered to my waist level (and ending behind my back)
1,2,3 let it all go and start cross body lead
5,6,7 finish cross body lead
1,2,3,5,6,7 (x3) back and forward for both – R leg raised like a dog

The place was hopping with many people, including good number of best of Cambridge Salsa scene. One of these elite followers I danced with let me know that I improved a great deal after seeing about half of my repertoire.

No comments: