After the jamboree with mind warped - Johnny & Serap Advanced

July 15, 2005

1,2,3 pivot 1/2 turn (counterclockwise!) with L-R high ending on R shoulder
5,6,7 side to side as L-R goes high and around in counterclockwise motion ending by R waist so that both of follower’s hands end up in my R hand
1,2,3 open break (both facing same direction with follower in the back) and bring follower to R side
5,6,7 lead follower forward and then to a full counterclockwise turn with R-R ending on follower’s R shoulder
1,2,3 prepare follower (twisting motion – my stance opens up then closes)
5,6,7 lead follower to clockwise turn (1 1/2 or 2 1/2) with R-R high
1,2,3 cross body lead (ready for R-R hand lead)
5,6,7 finish cross body lead
1,2,3 prepare follower (side to side) with both hands
5,6,7 lead follower to single, double or triple turn depending on the follower end with crossed hold with L-L on top
1,2,3 pivot 1/2 turn (counterclockwise!) ending in reverse Titantic (leader in front)
5,6,7 lead follower forward on 5 with R-R and release R-R and do a full counterclockwise turn to get back face-to-face with follower ending with another crossed hold with L-L on top
1,2,3 open break then ending with outstretched arms position (reverse cross body)
5,6,7 either let follower do a shine with arms outstretched for X number of bars as follower desires or finish reverse cross body lead by leading follower to a 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn

Annotation jamboree left my mind somewhat dazed and I felt like a zombie during the lesson. Things got better afterwards. I had fairly good number of dances (possibly made better by digging up and using older easier Cuban style routines), but it felt as if I was begging for half-dances with “better” followers. At least it wasn’t as bad as last week as some dances worked fairly well at decent level with both partners seemingly getting enjoyment out of it (notably including a dance with someone whom I remember mocking me claiming that I was making up routines several months ago when I was still trying to get to intermediate level). Perhaps I’ll change my mind later but having a regular partner could make this a lot more fun. Thus I am very much looking forward to, impatient for, and a bit apprehensive (what if it doesn’t work out?) about the end of August. Until then, I probably will have to resort to using (or abusing) London Salsa scene to practice LA style satisfactorily.

No comments: