Revisiting Greens

July 3, 2005

Because of an enticement of doing more Rueda, I went to Greens once again. We only had three couples for Rueda and did it only for half a song. I disliked the acoustics (too hollow) of Greens. I tried practicing both LA-style and Rueda-style partner dancing while I was there. I thought Rueda without calls worked well enough initially with Laura, so I tried this again with a new partner with decent results. Maybe I'm onto something here. However, I don't think there's enough reasons for me to want to go back to Greens any time soon. [Added Oct 2, 2005: One of my real reservation is that I felt uncomfortable doing LA style Salsa in front of the Cuban style Salsa legend Nelson Batista. While doing Rueda without calls could pass for Cuban, I don't find it satsifying.]

No comments: