Wednesday practice - way too crowded

July 6, 2005

This was a horrible night for salsa dancing – too crowded, too many non-salsa dancers on the dance floor, flooding problem. I was in bad form. I was especially bothered by mistakes in my Apache note (now corrected – I was using R-L and L-R inappropriately for large part of the description instead of correct R-R and L-L). I made wholesale change of the entry without signs of there ever being a mistake because the alternative would have made it difficult to read. I almost felt as if my skills have regressed in last 7 days (at least with LA style) with lack of proper partners (or hardly any for that matter) on Friday and Monday and too many non-dancers tonight.

A big saving grace for the night was the return appearance of Lucie, who was my first salsa dance partner who made me enjoy dancing salsa. I was really disappointed when she stopped showing up after New Year’s without any explanation (not to say there was any great reason for her to have told me back then). Apparently, she went back to Germany after Christmas and is here just for one day. It was great to see her again, and even better news is that she’ll be back at the end of August (presumably for longer amount of time). Even though she claimed to be out of practice (and she may not be as experienced as other followers tonight – not that there were many good followers (Sally and Rhona were by far the best, and there was no room when I danced with Sally and I only danced Rueda with Rhona)), it was great to have danced with her again and it was better than with anyone else tonight.

No comments: