A gratuitous trip to SOS

August 20, 2006

I told myself that I shouldn’t go this week about dozen times, but I couldn’t bear the idea of not being there for three weeks – at least not this week. I’m definitely not going next week because of the Bank Holiday.

I was socializing a lot more than usual both on and off the dance floor. I must have spent at least part of two songs talking to Liam about music (and also on the walk back to Kings Cross). Liam recommended Mambo Mongo (the album … which I had been considering getting for some time now), and a song called Vietnam Mambo (by Pucho and His Latin Soul Brothers).

I think I only danced with 13 people or so for total of around 16 songs (including some bits where I tried following). Possibly because I went with not much of dancing mood, I didn’t feel very light on my foot. I certainly didn’t think I was dancing better than last week. I’m also convinced that SOS works better for me as once a month outing (maybe once every 3 weeks if I were to really push it).

Songs of note (or ones I recognized and remembered): Los Rumberos – Markolino Dimond y Frankie Dante, La Llave & Besame Mucho – both by Grupo Latin Vibe. Also Un Amor De Una Noche - N'Klabe (I'm hearing this too often for my liking now). After SOS on the train: El Quinto De Beethoven – Cesta All-Stars.

I counted ten people associated with Cambridge. Like last week, I caught up with some of them on the train back to Cambridge.

Quote of the day – “You’re a handful. You like to cause mischief. You’re a troublemaker.”

No comments: