On the eve of Latinfest weekend

August 25, 2006

Cyrille asked, "Are you going to be here tomorrow?"

I thought for a second and replied, "Sure. If you are, why not?" At least I would have someone I can hang out with.

That was last night. As I made dinner, I thought to check and make sure he will hold his part of the bargain. He replied, "Yes we're going later."

We in this case turned out to be Cyrille, Euvian, Zern and a friend of Zern. No doubt some people were absent because of the Latinfest workshops. Cyrille et al also tried to get Sergio to show to humorous effect.

It would be fair to say that Euvian was the busiest one amongst us. Cyrille probably danced non-Salsa more than Salsa, but probably had more dances than me nevertheless. I had 4 dances between 11 PM and 1 AM - just enough to get noticed. I also thought that I should perhaps try to get better with Bachata (mmm…) and Merengue (urrr…) for nights like this.

No Johnny & Serap tonight - apparently they are on a vacation.

As far as I am concerned tonight met and arguably exceeded my expectations so I have nothing to complain about.

This weekend should be busy. I probably will go to the Rocket by myself, but I should have Cyrille for company (and possibly Sergio) for Scala. Euvian, Rajiv and many others from Cambridge probably will meet us there, and there should be someone from Cambridge everywhere I turn Sunday night. Not Zern though - he'll be in Spain (incidentally, he's getting quite good very quickly… as Sergio said the other day, he has good attitude for it, and it also helps a great deal that he's found himself a nice network of friends in the scene).

Quote of the Day - "I thought Cuban style Salsa dancers danced to have fun! … But I must say that it looks quite ballroom-y for Cuban."

Exchange of the Day - Q. "Is it any good?" A. "Yes, San Miguel is very good."

Word of the Day - "Chinese Style"

Whatever it means.

No comments: