Lucky 7: The final On2 session?

March 27, 2007

A lot of driving today…

This one went from around 7:30 to 10:30.

The first hour was spent on body movements/isolations. It'd be better to watch the Frankie Martinez DVD again rather than spending time trying to write notes out of it. The second hour was on some footwork/turns and shines. Some of the shines were new but the rest was all review of previous material. As for the partner work, the new material involved raising follower's L hand with R hand for a turn (thumbs up and backwards charge!) and something akin to a broken right turn (my wording) for leader. Rest of it was reviewing and practicing old material.

Thus ended what might be the last On2 walkthrough session with Sergio. After 7 sessions and approximately 20 hours, our timing is better but far from impeccable. I have better grasp of how to lead some easy moves On2. If I could have spent about the same amount of time social dancing On2 as I did on doing these workouts, I might have reached a solid improver level - I suppose this is still possible with future practices. It would depend on what happens over next couple of months - mainly in terms of getting enough repetitions.

Among other things, I hope I will fix my spot turn for good at last while On1 and On2 with help from what we did over last month. I imagine that other improvements might show - sometimes in places I did not think about. No idea how it would be for others. I should think and hope that it was all positive (even the part about learning/deciding that we are crap and that we need whole lot of improvements and that these improvements are not easy to achieve).

No comments: