drifting aimlessly

April 16, 2007

By the time I arrived, the classes were finished. I am guessing that the classes are as crowded as ever although the number of people social dancing was down to less than 30 people.

I saw Vishal and Danie for the first time since Madrid. They went away to attend a wedding in some island and were gone since Thursday afternoon.

Probably because I was there, the music became more Mambo-heavy towards the end. Songs like La Palomilla, La Llave, Pancho Cristal were heard in succession.

It is an ever changing crowd. After 3 months, one could be considered a veteran. After 2 years, I feel like an old-timer. Would people with more than 5 years experience be considered fossils?

On a completely unrelated topic, nitrogen boils at -195.8 degrees Celsius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the boiling point is dependent on the pressure, isn't it? :) at a higher pressure nitrogen could be a liquid at -80 deg C :)

hyh said...

I did mean to write 1 atm, but I forgot.

LN is used for cryogenic storage at about -150 deg C so you might want to make another change.

I recall readings ranging from -148 to -180 deg C so when I read -195.8 in my quick search, I was a little surprised.

I also tried to see if I could find out pressure needed for it to boil at -80, but finding the answer on the net wasn't trivial.

Dry ice would be good for -78.5 (or about -80). Lotsa -80/-70 freezers out there too.