Homecoming

April 12, 2007

Sorting through writings and photographs from Spain took way too long so I did not bother with the class this evening.

It was a rather quiet evening. Ivan was a surprise no show. Sergio is gone of course, but Cyrille and Mimi were there. Zern was there as well - I guess he's mostly healed now - quick recovery!

I had over dozen dances and seemed to be in reasonable form. Maybe Madrid was a better practice than I expected.

One thing, which surprised me was to see how light the followers in Cambridge are compared to most followers I danced with in Madrid.

I also managed a few practice dances On2, including once to a Cha Cha. It worked out surprisingly well given that I had no practice in nearly 2 weeks. Also worth noting was that when I went back to dancing On1 after Cha Cha (with Caroline to La Llave), I struggled mightily with my footwork.

Madrid photographs (nothing Salsa - whittled down to 422 images) are up if you know where to find them and if you are interested.

No comments: