And now there is...

April 3, 2008

I don't think there's much to say except that it was a very enjoyable night. Sergio made an appearance meaning more challenges or at least different type of challenges for Lindsey. Steph returned from Germany meaning I could try any stupid things at whim and still come out smelling like roses. In her second week of dancing after the surgery Polly seems better than ever. Zhenzhi too made a surprise appearance and plotted a makeover on top of a couple of dances. There were lovely dances with Jane, Andrea, Laura and others including a couple of returnees for spring break (or visiting for Spring break in at least one case I think). Haihan, Ed, Richard and Mark were there, and so was Hayden (supposedly his last visit until he comes back from school this summer). In the middle or all this, I had to wonder what on earth Ivan must be doing to miss this convergence of good luck and ensuing fantastic night. For me at least it was better than last week's SOS at all levels - a rarity.

In America Apple has taken over Wal-Mart as the top music seller. In the world where everything revolves around me this makes for interesting news but nothing more. I have never bought music from Apple or Wal-Mart (or for that matter any of the top 10 retailers except for #4 Amazon). I have never bought music by download. It briefly made me wonder if I should be considered a reactionary, technophobe or even a Luddite. I'm increasingly in the minority in buying large number of CDs instead of downloads. Of course at least 95% of CDs I bought over past 3 years were bought online. Also much of what I buy is not available in download form at this time. In reality what I am is one of the mid-late-late adopters in purchasing music source. I don't see using music download until the quality is equivalent to that of CDs and the portable hard disk or equivalent with at least 2000 GB storage space for a laptop computer is mass produced. Then there's the bandwidth issue. I'm guessing that such days are at least 5 years away.

Growth versus Cyclic industry?

2006-2007 company 1

2007-2008 company 1

2007-2008 company 2

No comments: