No joke

April 1, 2008

Insomnia followed by near narcolepsy. I guess it makes a bizarre sense. No idea if it explains tired eyes or the ridiculous state of my ears; thoroughly irritating or perhaps worse than that. Down down down. While biking down the backs, I ran into Tavs. Even though it was just literally a flyby hello and how are you it cheered me up considerably.

I felt really subpar during the class – mostly because my ears were bothering me a great deal.

Intermediate with Chris and Sally

6,7,1,2,3 CBL into open
5,6,7,1,2,3,5 prepare and lead a double with R-L [note: possibly the best part of the class for me because I think my preparation is much improved]
6,7,1,2,3,5 lead follower to normal CBL with leader facing the same direction throughout from the start then doing a double right turn keeping L-R connection intact until the very last possible moment and switching to R-R after completing the turn [note: I wasn’t managing the double here but my best guess is that leader’s turn would not start until 4 at the earliest. If it’s a single turn, turning on 5 should be enough.]
6,7,1,2,3,5 starting from facing away position and with R-R starting connection and bring follower forward getting R-R over her head and down to back of her waist and making L-L connection in front then absorb follower’s forward momentum and lead her straight backward on 2 then turn under L-L counterclockwise and connect R-R behind follower’s waist/hip [note: At least in my case, I need to resist temptation to give myself a L-L hat at the end of this move]
6,7,1,2,3,5 lead follower to a full clockwise turn starting on 1 allowing her to finish with a step forward on 2 before leading her straight back then leader moving into the line and turning counterclockwise to end facing follower keeping all connections intact throughout [note: Leader should be turning on 3, right? I suppose a quick turn on 4 if follower is a little late is not fatal.]
6,7,1,2,3,5 crossed hold L-L on bottom to start with (?) and Copa start followed by double clockwise turn (does this end up being 2 1/2?) touch-and-go
6,7,1,2,3,5, crossed hold L-L on top to start with and Copa start followed by lead follower to side R then straight back keeping L-L connection low after having it go over initially to initiate Copa thus getting L-L behind follower’s waist
6,7,1,2,3,5 after allowing follower to step back on 6 then immediately lead her forward and to turn counterclockwise to unwind (I think it works to elevate L-L during the unwinding) then continue to lead her into further counterclockwise turn switching to R-L (with a counterclockwise turn in the class, but it might work just fine or be easier without the leader’s turn) and changing orientation to end with R-L wrap

It was probably a good thing that I was able to sit out during the second hour because the first hour worked when it did only because of skills of my partner at the time.

Johnny and Serap showed up for the social. Karil and I were introduced to each other. I made Lindsey dizzy, and Nicola made me dizzy in response.

No comments: