To be finished later

May 30, 2008

I think Vish commented, "You are in dancing mood." Not exactly. Connections with pretty much all my partners up to that point were rather dismal and I thought I was struggling mightily. It was rather shocking to get asked to dance with a new girl and hear her ask me how I became so good considering on a what seemed to be an off-form night. It wasn't like there were no other good leads around. There was a guy from North London named Sam, who could do some stuff and was listening to the music while dancing.

It seemed like neither Joe nor I were in the mood to DJ. When I arrived at 10:30, Vish was deejaying - possibly with assistance from Shila. I wondered if Joe had left already or such, but he was still there and stayed behind to dance for quite a while. I wasn't exactly in dancing mood, but I guess I was in even less of deejaying mood. The longer it went, more determined I was to keep it going until I couldn't deal with it all anymore. Such moment arrived when La Salsa Nunca Se Acaba was played for the second time. It happened some time between midnight and 1 AM.

I left behind my song list elsewhere. I'm going to have to finish this later. Here's the list, more or less.

Playlist (to be confirmed later)

No Quiero Na Regala'o - Gilberto Santa Rosa
Fantasia Cubana - German Villarreal
Gotas De Lluvia - El Gran Combo
Llego El Sabor - Oscar D'Leon & Jose Alberto "El Canario" (-4%)
Me Enamorado De Ella - Juan Luis Guerra
No Me Resigno - Toque D Keda
Mentirosa - Louie Ramirez & Ray De La Paz
Esta Cobardia - Frankie Ruiz
Hong Kong Mambo - Tito Puente
Los Caminos De La Vida - Ismael Miranda & Junior Gonzalez
Rompe - Daddy Yankee
El Costo De La Vida A Pedir Su Mano - Juan Luis Guerra* (1)
Lamento Boliviano - Toque D Keda
Te Conozco Bien - Marc Anthony*
Tocate - Toque D Keda
A La Yumbae - Tommy Olivencia
Ven Tu - Domenic Marte
Otra Oportunidad - Jimmy Bosch
Perdoname - Gilberto Santa Rosa (2)

(1) At this point, Vish said it's a Reggaeton and Merengue crowd. I respectfully disagreed although I didn't voice it. I simply decided to do a rotation of 1 Reggaeton, 1 Merengue, 1 Bachata and 1 Salsa. I suppose I might not have done a repeat immediately afterwards without Vish's statement.
(2) And I broke out of that 1,1,1,1 cycle done in duplicate by playing a second Salsa in a row just before 2 AM. Actually there was quite a large crowd left over at this point happily dancing on the main floor. Vish decided that it was worth his business to keep it going after I left.

To be completed later… [after corrections made: so I don't know my Merengue very well.]

Total = 19 songs. 3 Merengue including 1 new. 3 Bachata. 2 Reggaeton. 11 Salsa including 1 new.

No comments: