Many Goodbyes

June 19, 2008

How many was that? Three? Agnes, Angie and Kate. No. There's Liam too. More. What about Steph? Although it's only for the summer - no Hamburg maybe Berlin. In one fell swoop a big void formed in the Cambridge Salsa-land. Technically speaking Chris too - I think he said 3 days?

I arrived early in order to consult with Vish about next two weekends. It will be a pair of long, interesting and hopefully not-too-painful consecutive days of deejaying. Although I had my CD collection with me tonight and some brief takeovers might have been welcome, I pointedly avoided it - aside from one request to be played from my collection. Haihan seemed happy about finding the song information.

Mambo For Vibes - Hilton Ruiz (featuring Tito Puente)*

I guess it's a new song - 1 Salsa, new. I asked for it because I thought it would not fly on a Friday. It sounded so good though - maybe I would be proven wrong.

Chris took over for Sally - apparently on several hours advance notice. Nicola was there to assist. I had a Cha Cha with her at the start of the social. Unfortunately there was no second dance. Chris substituting meant some different music than usual - with limitations from very small number of CDs (Angel Canales and related, Hector Lavoe) and his iPod (leading to a sonic glitch).

La Verdad happened again. I used Serap as my accomplice. I think I was too busy anticipating the go-go-jiggy-pop moment to make the earlier part any good.

No Mark tonight; very unfortunate. It is a little confusing trying to decide whether there was a surplus of leads or followers tonight. It depended upon what time of the evening the survey was taken. There were a lot of people who were there for short time - Nicola, Charlotte, Liz, Jane, Kate, Nina, Angie, Andrea, Polly, etc.

Hay Craneo was danced in part On2 in the middle. Oops. Sorry, Liz.

Haihan plotted a farewell dance for Agnes. It might have been really fortunate that I was not … a big part of it. Getting my shoelaces tangled with her heels in a more visible setting would have been a little too memorable. At least she didn't experience any pain - like three times last week. More than anything else Agnes was scandalized that Haihan did not take part.

Russia. Singapore. London.

Big void indeed. That there are people who still remain is only mitigating.

Unrelated - another road closure for 3 days and counting.

No comments: