Taking It Easy

June 13, 2008

I only managed to get there by 10:30 or so - still very busy. It was a bit on the quiet side. Ivan was a surprise show - underwhelmed no doubt to a similar degree or perhaps more so than Nina several days ago. Mark stopped by as well and probably came to a similar conclusion. Both left around midnight just before I decided to start at the DJ booth.

I had let Vish's CD play on for a while before Cristian decided to take over possibly with some help from Shila for about an hour - I thought I would take it as easy as possible tonight. Cristian ended up putting on a mixed CD between his set and mine; I thought he was playing one more song and had a CD ready go - except he took it out with about 40 seconds left in his other song. Unfortunate but not a big deal.

Playlist

Ojos Chinos - El Gran Combo
Lo Bonito Y Lo Feo - Grupo Niche
Babarabatiri - Willie Rosario
Cuando Te Vea - German Villarreal (1)
La Loma Del Belen - Santiago Ceron
A Pedir Su Mano - Juan Luis Guerra (2)
A La Yumbae - Tommy Olivencia (3)
Ave Maria Lola - Conjunto Imagen
Bamboleo - Fania All-Stars
No Tires La Primera Piedra - Tommy Olivencia
Rumbera - Willie Chirino
Lagrimas Negras - Direct Latin Influence (4)
Loco De Amor - Evolution A R
Ojala Que Llueve Café - Juan Luis Guerra
Yolanda - Orquesta Guayacan (5)
Sientate Ahi - Oscar D'Leon (6)
Lluvia Con Nieve - Mon Rivera (7)
Amor De Una Noche - N'Klabe (feat. Shanny)
Periodico De Ayer - Hector Lavoe
Mirandote - Frankie Ruiz (8)
Luna Negra - Rey Ruiz

(1) Vish suggested a Merengue soon. I said I had one ready for the song after this one. He said to play two. He's the boss.
(2) Merengue 1
(3) Merengue 2 - debatable choice.
(4) I was going to play one more Salsa before another Merengue or Bachata as Vish requested another Merengue. It seemed about the right call. There goes the opportunity to play a new song.
(5) Slow Merengue followed by very slow Salsa. I think I got a look.
(6) Someone came by seconds after the end of this song and exclaimed, "Oscar D'Leon!" I wasn't quite sure what he meant and replied, "Yeah, the last one was Oscar D'Leon."
(7) This was to make up for Yolanda - going from sub-160 RPM (Yolanda) to ~180 RPM (Sientate Ahi) to ~200 RPM (Lluvia Con Nieve).
(8) Vish requested last song. I think it was a bit after 1:30 AM.

Total = 21 songs. 3 Merengue. 1 Bachata. 17 Salsa. 0 new songs. No worries. This will be rectified over next 2 weeks - I'm the only designated DJ for next 2 Fridays meaning 40+ song sessions for two weeks in a row.

I had two dances while deejaying - to Bamboleo and to Periodico De Ayer. I probably had barely over a half dozen dances all night.

No comments: