A blur of an evening

February 1, 2006

Most of the evening was spent trying to get people to sign up for the Tony & Claudia workshops, in particular for the Bachata workshop. Thanks to everyone who booked a spot. A surprising development thus far is that the numbers for Bachata is now quite uneven. I'm going to have to try my hardest to recruit more men Thursday night. I find this surprising because in November, there were many more men interested in improver Bachata workshop compared to women.

For those men who are being coy about committing, I am going to make a great effort to make the numbers even before Monday. If I somehow manage this, and more men show up withtout there being followers needing a partner, preference will go to people who booked in advance.

As for the rest of the evening, it was a strange blur. People appeared and disappeared in quick succession. There were strange sights and conversations that led to bizarre revelations. I felt like I was bobbing back and forth between being connected and disconnected with reality. I'm guessing that everyone else was the same while I was seeing certain things differently. I don't know for sure.

As for dancing (there wasn't that many), I simply tried to incorporate recent suggestions made from various critics - some with more success than others...

No comments: