Brit Salsafest 7 – Drive back

February 6, 2006

I think there will have to be one more post after this one.

I woke up at 9:25 AM because of loud talking outside my room. I hurriedly got dressed, ate breakfast, showed and checked out as I had told Johnny & Serap that I would meet them at 10 AM. It was cloudy again today but the visibility was best thus far and I was able to see the ocean, etc. I departed from Carlton Hotel at 10:05 AM and picked up Johnny & Serap to begin the return journey in earnest by 10:15 AM. Johnny & Serap seemed even more exhausted than I was at the beginning of the trip, but I think I caught up with them in feeling exhausted. Unlike me, Johnny & Serap had not had breakfast (they had stayed at Winter Gardens until 4:30 AM), so we had a stop for their breakfast. Tony and I exchanged some texts during this break for me to given him a general directions to Cambridge from Blackpool during this break. The drive itself was tortuous as it went on because I was already quite tired to begin with. There was absolutely nothing interesting to watch on the road. Probably the most picturesque thing I saw was a hill (between Preston and Manchester?). Things like Manchester Waterway, Spaghetti Junction and other parts of Birmingham made absolutely no impression. The biggest hightlight (not a bad one I might add) happened during a break for lunch. I ran into another Brit Salsafest participant, who apparently enjoyed dancing with me very much and wished that she could have run into me again for another dance during this weekend. I was asked if I would be going to the UK International Congress (which isn’t until September!). She also talked about needing a lot more practice before it so that she could have even more fun dancing. I guess even with my dubious techniques, I can satisfy and have fun dancing with some of the people. I missed my exit to A14 so a detour via A45 was used instead, which resulted in further delays. The trip ended at 3:50 PM; not a minute too soon.

No comments: