LDA 3.3 Redux part 1

July 18, 2006

LDA 3.3 with Susana and Mario (week 1 of 6 - second course)


1,2,3,5,6,7 crossed hold R-R on top, prepare and lead follower a double stationary clockwise turn (touch-and-go)
1,2,3,5,6,7 standard Copa start with L-L going over follower’s head and free R hand on follower’s leading hip – lead follower to full Copa counterclockwise turn decelerating her turn with free R hand on follower’s R shoulder (into next 1)
1,2,3,5,6,7 prepare and lead follower to stationary 2 1/2 clockwise turn (one-up and one-down) letting go L-L while leader turns full clockwise (actually 3/4 is preferable here) to end with R-L
1,2,3,5,6,7 open break and stiff arm towards follower’s origin (end back-to-back as follower is turned around counterclockwise pointing down – it’s better if leader overtakes follower a little on 3 … this is very much like Copa start) – keeping follower’s arm straight bring R-L up and around in counterclockwise motion and down … here follower ends up doing 1 3/4 counterclockwise stationary turn (starting from 3) while leader is turning 1 1/4 counterclockwise – R-L is brought down as follower’s turn is completed and a switch to L-L is done as leader’s turn is being completed - leader ends facing away from follower
1,2,3,5,6,7 leader walks around 3/4 counterclockwise to get into CBL (open?) position with change in L-L hold – lead follower forward and into traveling full counterclockwise turn with L-L low for a wrap with a switch to R-L
1,2,3,5,6,7 decelerate, prepare and lead follower into 2 1/2 clockwise stationary turn with R-L pointing up after the first turn (something of a scooping motion but minimize or without downward movement of hand initially) to allow leader’s clockwise turn

Cool. This was not overwhelming second time around. I felt I was under control most of the time and was able to stay in time comfortably although not effortlessly. I had a really nice evening of practice (although I might have gone slightly overboard sometimes with practicing moves from outside the class).

I (along with some other leaders in the class) was invited to partake Inaki’s Bachata class free of charge, but I had to decline for an obvious reason – too much travel. Too bad I don’t live in London. Then again, it is possible that I might never have taken up Salsa if I lived in London.

About half of the people were returning students from the last cycle – I would say that the most of the best ones have all stayed.

I think I might have managed to get Mario to refer to me by my first name as opposed to my last name. Probably for most people, I stick out as the guy from Cambridge. I had an amusing conversation with the resident on-2 guy (whom I will keep nameless for now and whom I suppose is there to try to steer most promising followers to taking up on-2 full time) about on-2 in general and in Cambridge.

No comments: