Sally & Lindsey in a car accident last week

July 18, 2006

Okay. The big news is that Sally and Lindsey were involved in a head-on collision Friday afternoon/evening. I learned of this news late Monday afternoon/evening. They were on their way to Norwich to rendezvous with Serap and Jane for their four women dance performance when this accident occurred. I was told that the rescue team had to cut up the car to free Sally and/or Lindsey trapped inside the car. I don’t know the extent of their injury, but the fact that Sally was expressing that she was thankful to be alive would indicate that it was an extremely scary situation. Sally will not be able to teach the advanced Salsa class for as yet undetermined amount of time.

I normally would leave this post as is except for the fact that it makes me see my post last Friday in a different light. In particular I had referred to Lindsey and Sally missing their performance. At the time, I had no idea what had happened. I thought that it was strange but assumed that there must have been a very reasonable explanation. In particular I recall Serap saying, “I hope they didn’t have an accident and that they are okay.” At the time I didn’t think it was appropriate or useful to speculate or make any snap judgments, and I think not everyone will find serious fault with what I had written – although I must admit that I am a bit chagrined and I have to admit that it represents something far from my finest moment in this blog.

I also later learned of explanation for something else that happened and mystified me Friday night. Apparently Richard interrupted my dance with Serap to inform her that Sally was involved in a car accident. Another mystery solved – and another episode leaving me feel like an idiot because I had several other theories based upon some things I overheard or misheard earlier or borne of unrelated apprehensions and insecurities.

In any case, I wish speedy recovery physically, mentally, financially, etc. for both Sally and Lindsey. For those who do not have Sally’s contact information already, you should be able to use info@salsa-allegra.co.uk to wish her well.

No comments: