Mostly Harmless

September 16, 2007

No real big impetus to go except I hadn't been there in nearly a month. When it was about time to depart, I almost decided not to go. Having to drive makes it less appealing. So does the hotel venue - it's okay but not quite as good.

Amir was the DJ, which was good. As far as his night goes, it was on the bottom half. Songs included disco Ran Kan Kan (Fania All Stars?), Cuando Te Vea (SHO), Periodico De Ayer (Hector Lavoe - final song), Sun Sun Babae (version unknown), Ahora Quien, Avisale A Mi Contrario (Tito Rodriguez?), etc. The thing I liked the least was that virtually all songs were on long side - I'm guessing typically 5-7 min.

Cambridge contingent was limited to Johnny, Serap early and Liam late. I think the rough train commute has to be a factor. Before dancing with me Serap joked about Maura telling her to give a private lesson to one of the girls I had just danced with - she moved well but did not follow well - apparently too busy styling according to Mauro and Serap. Liam seems to be dancing more than he used to last year - and looking pretty good doing it.

Overall it was a decent evening but nothing spectacular. Two Cha Cha - neither particularly good. Only one encounter with a WAG. I met Tamambo's cousin. Both Tamambo and Leon Rose were present. One nice chat post-dancing and a possible groundwork for On2 - only if the song is short and slow (good luck). My dancing was probably rated as perfectly harmless by SOS standard. I didn't feel like trying very hard anyway.

No comments: