Portland Redux - Part 4 (Epilogue)

September 2, 2007

I had returned to my hotel after 2 AM and had about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. Breakfast at Brad's with many of the wedding guests. One hour in the afternoon shopping. Then it was time for the wedding itself. The wedding party lasted until past 11 PM - quite surprising. There was a lot of dancing - no Salsa (there is no Sunday Salsa option in Portland by the way). I was feeling pretty exhausted by 6-7 PM, but I somehow survived. I apparently made some impression on the dance floor despite it all. I wasn't using any Salsa moves (because the music was inappropriate and partner dancing takes two), but I did take advantage of flexibility gained from isolation exercise.

September 3, 2007 (ending September 4, 2007)


Just under 7 hours of sleep, and then I was off to the airport to catch a 9:50 flight to San Francisco. From San Francisco, it was a long direct flight to Heathrow on a 747-400. I don't like 747 - they're too big, and I'll be avoiding A380 like a plague. At the moment I think I like 777 the most although I suspect I'll like 787 even more. As was the case on the way to Portland, the return flights were near full or 100% full in case of San Francisco to Heathrow. Joy. The fast cruising speed (over 620 mph) was negated in part by a 20 minute delay caused by lack of available gate at Heathrow. Thanks to long line for passport check, a missed coach, and an overbooked coach, I did not get back to Cambridge until after 1 PM. This was a tough trip.

No comments: