Night before PDX

August 30, 2007

Time of arrival – approximately 9:45. Time of departure – approximately 11:30. Both times were affected by the scheduled flight tomorrow morning. It was only a slightly better than average summer Thursday, but I enjoyed myself more than that by some margin.

It was a home crowd – Polly, Andrea, Euvian, Nicola, Sharon, Annette, Charlotte, Jane, Allison, Clara and the Spanish gal whose name I never learned. Among men were Sebastian, Rajiv, Ivan, Hayden, William, Steve and several other good leads from the Cambridge scene. An unusual guest was a lead from London – a big guy I have seen many times at SOS and possibly at Bar Latina. I think he came alone – not sure what the occasion was – not that it matters much and it certainly made it more fun for the girls who got to dance with him.

Music was above average as well and included the current standard fares like La Llave, La-La-La, Rumbon Melon as well as songs in rotation like Vasos De Colores, Fuego A La Jicotea (actually heard this for the first time from Sally – at least in a while), Se Formo La Rumbantela (Javier Vazquez), Lluvia Con Nieve and some new ones like Ave Maria Lola (Conjunto Imagen – again first time from Sally or for that matter anyone besides me), Bailadores (SHO) as well as a bunch of songs I did not recognize but liked anyway (including a nice Descarga with a intro similar to Cairo).

I had one On2 dance with Euvian. It worked quiet well – our best one yet. I think she’s in for a treat especially once Haihan returns. I don’t know if Euvian danced On2 with the London dude – I saw him dancing On2 with Sally later in the evening.

No comments: