Tony & Claudia Bachata DVD Promotional Tour 2 1/2

March 8, 2006

I like to think I work fast. Tony works faster and without procrastinating.

Here's the new Bachata DVD Tour information.

The new advanced DVD will be ready by then.

We have yet to decide upon what the format of the workshop on April 18th (Tuesday) will be.

I don't know how this will affect my determination to cut down on Salsa.

What's my motivation? Obligation? Ego-trip? Love of challenge? Boredom? Excitement? Hanging out with internationally recognized Salsa celebrity? Getting credit for introducing Bachata to Cambridge (just kidding, really!)? Profit? Self-destruction? Insanity? Inertia?

--

Added later in the day...

Some feedback I received regarding the last workshop included - do better job starting and finishing classes as advertised, make change of partners optional for Bachata, make change of partners optional for Salsa.

I think I will advertise the schedule as follows:

workshop 1 - 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
workshop 2 - 8:50 PM - 9:50 PM (note 20 min break between two classes)
club - til late

Perhaps I should say that change of partner is optional for those who request it? Would anyone have problem with this? How about not changing partners at all (and perhaps ask people to bring a partner)? Would it discourage people from attending? As some people may be aware, some Congresses offer so-called Salsa master classes that accept couples only as students.

If we were to do a Bachata and a Salsa workshop like last time, would a lot of people be hesitant about taking a Bachata workshop, which would presumably be targeted mainly for people who already know the basics? I think there are people who are familiar enough with Tony & Claudia's Bachata style to teach absolute basics for a friend or possibly a small group of people for free if there's enough energy, time, etc.

It might be worth noting that there are at least few different styles of Bachata out there. Cristian obviously knows his Bachata from Dominican Republic, and my impression was that he does it a bit differently compared to Tony & Claudia (I apologize in advance if this is a gross misrepresentation). There are other people who dance Bachata confidently in a style distinct from Tony & Claudia although I don't know where they learned it. Someone named Inaki Fernandez is apparently considered a big name for Bachata in UK so some people might be doing it Inaki's way. There probably are other Bachata instructors in UK too. Presumably there are other people who learned Bachata in Dominican Republic as well.

No comments: