And then there was none

May 28, 2006

As more time passed, Scala looked more attractive. It will be tiring, but maybe I could make it easier by spending less time - maybe take Sergio's idea and get there around 1 AM and stay for 2-3 hours or so. Workload is ridiculously light and with no immediate prospect of "improving." Thus I thought I would go with lightest prompting.

Finally a little after 5 PM, I received text (an hour old message - I get poor reception at work) and a voice message from Sergio asking whether I had made up my mind - he hasn't either. I call back to say that I haven't made up my mind but that I probably would go only if there are other people interested. At this point Sergio still wasn't sure as he was tired from a long walk, and he asked whether I had been in touch with Cyrille. Cyrille had not, and I suspected that he would be interested in seeing all of Scala and thus would probably want to get there fairly early. Sergio told me he'll get back to me in about half an hour.

I decided to head home thinking that I probably will go to Scala. When I get there, I decide to text Cyrille to see what his plan is. Cyrille's reply is a surprising - he says he's not going and that he's too tired. I had to do a double take to notice that this message came from Cyrille, not Sergio. Shortly thereafter Sergio calls to say that he will keep the evening low key and will pass. He too is surprised by Cyrille - both of us thought he was very gung ho about going to Scala last time we saw him. After hanging up, I briefly consider going by myself. I had worked myself into getting excited about the trip - it might be fun to catch up with some people there. In the end, I allowed the excitement pass and decided to do something else instead.

I was going to do something "fun," but it didn't happen. There were some forgotten things I thought of doing at work. I need to find a way to be able to spend more time doing more intense and useful things at "work."

No comments: