What’s there to gossip about?

May 18, 2006

For now, division of intermediate and advanced class was self-selected. After a slight hesitation, I joined the advanced class.

Advanced with Sally

1,2,3,5,6,7 CBL ending with almost side-to-side (like start of Guapea)
1,2,3,5,6,7 twist (in and out) and bring follower in for around the world [note: Sally is probably getting tired of correcting my technique – too Tango-like – on this move]
1,2,3,5,6,7 CBL with high cross pass would work (but this was done slightly differently)
1,2,3,5,6,7 leader’s pivot turn with switch to R-R and into CBL position – bring follower forward while getting R-R over follower’s head and connecting L-L on 5 and lead follower into 1 1/2 counterclockwise traveling turn with both hands up
1,2,3,5,6,7 leader’s pivot turn followed by hook turn – first turn with both hands up and second turn with L-L down so that L-L ends behind leader’s R waist
1,2,3,5,6,7 disconnect and reconnect L-L in front while R-R hat for follower – lead follower into triple turn with L-L (probably start on 3)
1,2,3,5,6,7 CBL and full counterclockwise turn with shoulder stop for follower
1,2,3,5,6,7 prepare and lead follower into 1 1/2 clockwise stationary turn with L-L and with leader turning full clockwise on 7 with L-L down and ending behind leader’s back R waist
1,2,3,5,6,7 reconnect R-R in front and into CBL and lead follower into 1 1/2 traveling counterclockwise turn so that R-R ends behind follower’s back L waist (R-R down and turned counterclockwise to lead this)
1,2,3,5,6,7 reconnect L-L in front and into CBL and lead follower into 1 1/2 traveling counterclockwise turn with all connections intact (L-L beginning to be placed around and ending behind her R back waist)
1,2,3,5,6,7 get around follower in front and get follower into straighjacket position and into CBL and finish with simple CBL finish with all connection intact
1,2,3,5,6,7 Mambo jazz lead for follower (L foot forward along her line on 1 for leader’s styling) – disconnect R-R and lead follower into 1 1/2 clockwise traveling turn with L-L low ending with closed hold (followed by another CBL)

It has been a while since I felt like I had a workout during a class. It was fun practicing with people who were not completely overwhelmed by the material.

Dancing was good – some were fun, some were lovely, some were amusing, some were crazy, some were out of control – they were all good.

In my spin-fest with Jane, I think I led my first quadruple spin in 6 beats. I’m sure it was tiring for her, and I was getting dizzy just watching her spin and spin. Jane told me that Mark destroyed soles of her shoes recently by leading her to do a great deal of multiple spins.

Sergio suggested after closing time that I should put more gossip in this blog. Yeah right. I dare not. Besides, what’s there to gossip about? :)

By the way, I seem to be getting used to having Sergio around – for a little while, I was so in awe of things he does that I might have been getting too stunned to dance with confidence when he was around. Last Friday was fine, and so was tonight.

No comments: