Pinky and the Brain

May 3, 2006

I’m not quite sure why I went. My legs had not completely recovered. I wasn’t expecting whole lot of good dancers, and I thought things looked a little grim at first. Gee, what else would I have done tonight anyway? Watch a hilarious England v Germany football match? Devise a plan to take over the world? Anyhow, I was there and that’s that. It turned out okay even if I was so-so at best. Sergio was there too – probably making me look pedestrian in comparison. Anyhow, it sounds like he’ll be there this Friday. This information along with other factors led to me drawing up a preliminary plan for Friday’s playlist (because it seems like Vishal hasn’t fired me yet – although this playlist might do the job). The centerpiece involves having a set of 13 songs released between 2004 and 2006 (but not using the popular La 33) in the beginning followed by a set of 13 songs released in the 60’s and 70’s (but not using Tito Puente or Eddie Palmieri). Below is the preliminary playlist I have drawn up. If “Es La Musica” happens to be a favorite of yours, it will be the first song played according to this plan.

Planned playlist for this Friday

Set 1 - Recordings made between 2004-2006 (no La 33)

Es La Musica
Sin Ti
Baila Andres
Vivo Por Ella
Que Te Pasa
Fragile
Get It Up
With You (Contigo)
El Pito
Amor De Una Noche
Celia Y Tito
Salsa Y Control
I Love Salsa

A break away from Salsa

Bachata (2 songs TBA probably not Lamento Boliviano or Te Quiero)

Set 2 - Recordings made in 60’s and 70’s (no Tito Puente or Eddie Palmieri)

Descarga La Moderna
Stompin’ At The Savoy
Alonzo
TBA (Hacha Y Machete?)
Abran Paso
Bongo Loco
Esto Es El Guaguanco
Indestructible
Pa Que Afinquen
Bailadores
TBA (Mambo?)
Cal’s Pals
A Night In Tunisia

I think I might want to dedicate the final list to Nina for a tough challenge she presented to me. Nina’s song is scheduled for ~10:20 PM. I might call it an Italian job for those in the know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Thank you for thinking of me but I won't be there this Friday, so...

Thank you anyway and I hope lots of dancers enjoy your DJing and that you have a good salsa night.
N.

hyh said...

Maybe I should hold off its Cambridge premiere?