Final thought of a bowl of petunias on its 300 mile fall to the ground

December 20, 2006

Only a handful of followers who start Salsa lessons make as rapid progress as Susie did in Cambridge; her attitude as much as her aptitude presumably made it possible. I imagine I would miss her good-nature more than her squeaks. Anyhow, when she asked me to be at Club Salsa for her last night in Cambridge, the choice wasn’t very difficult with a caveat that I half expected her not to show up. In fact the words, “Oh no, not again,” did pop up my mind as the social part of the evening went for a while with no signs of Susie – even though I never considered Susie an unreliable type. In Hokkien we might say she’s zai lah – or is that too strong? (Sorry, I don’t speak Mandarin or Cantonese let alone Hokkien.) Anyhow, she did show up and all ended well.

Otherwise, I danced with maybe four people and had some practice dancing Bachata. Considering that I don’t feel I’m getting enough substantive practice in partner work at normal speed for any dance lately, I’ll take whatever morsel I can get.

Musical selections tonight.

What was played – Lovely Day, Que Buena Baila Usted, Brujeria, Lloraras, Ave Maria Lola, La Pantera Mambo

What was not played - Me Voy Pa’ Cali, Me Libere, Thinking Of You, El Pito, Micaela, Lindo Yambu

No comments: