My so-called summer

August 23, 2007

What's with the weather? I wore short sleeved shirt for less than 2 weeks this year. People were wearing winter coats Monday. Many still are. It was very warm in April. Of course I had to spend much of warm April in cold Madrid. Boston was no picnic, but I think I must saw more really nice pleasant days than in Cambridge. And Portland - it had glorious summers. Maybe I will look back and think it wasn't that bad when I am long gone from here. I don't think this so-called summer will be the highlight though.

When I arrived at Club Salsa, I found the door locked. There was a lesson going on downstairs but no one was there to man the collection booth. So with Sebastian (who arrived right after me) in tow, I went back to Sauce - which I earlier abandoned because the table occupied by Rajiv, Polly et al had no room left at all. After getting our drinks, Sebastian and I joined a table occupied by Steve and Kirsty instead. The main topic was "what do we do?" dwelling most on Steve.

No Sergio today - once again. Blame it on House. No Cyrille either. No idea what's going on there. Others were gone on the account of being done with Master's (belated congratulations - now for the next degree), coughing lungs out (or post viva withdrawal perhaps? - it's a great summer), commute & S.O., being more than 10000 kilometers away (and enjoying hot weather), France, Germany, etc. Still it felt quite crowded once again, and I managed to squeeze in a couple of On2 dances thanks to EV.

My dancing was (or could be described as) energetic, spontaneous, rough, messy, showy, nutty and/or selfish. Not sure if it was good but it was fun.

No comments: