Vish here, Johnny no, etc etc

August 17, 2007

Nothing happened so I was at Club Salsa fairly early – by around 10:20. Johnny is away on a vacation, and I think Jay covered for him. There was a considerable drop-off from last night – only ones present were Rajiv and Sebastian, and it was something of a surprise that they stayed for most of the evening considering the lack of usual suspects or enough suitable replacements. Vishal played mostly Salsa – maybe 2 Merengue, 2 Bachata and 2 Reggaeton and Hips Don’t Lie (call it Samba?) up until 1:45, which was when I left. Vishal was worried about some glitches with the sound system, but it seemed fine during the social – at least to my ears. The mystery couple from last night was there again for a short time. I didn’t get to ask the woman for a dance, but I did learn that they are from Austria. She will be here until Monday (so that’s a lost opportunity), and he’s here for 3 weeks for work – no idea if he will show up without her. Over the course of the evening I danced with ~7 people including a housemate of Sebastian. Much later on in the evening, there was a surprisingly easy girl to dance with. Apparently she’s used to a style I don’t recognize (not Cuban as I see it here, seemingly not Cuban Miami nor LA nor NY ET2 nor Ballroom Mambo) and completely mistook some of my leads for something else, but it was not a struggle. Liz was another surprise show even later in evening and obliged me with me a dance to Fragile. I finished my dance of the evening with a couple with Sharon. I can’t believe how little dance practice I have been getting lately in social setting.

No comments: