Random fluctuation

August 3, 2007

As expected the unusual crowding of last Friday did not continue. I think it's just random fluctuation although it's possible that poor sound was noted by others like Sergio and Ivan. The problem with the CD player on the left side apparently was there last Thursday (or so I was told by Sally yesterday). I suppose even yesterday was slightly problematic because one of the speakers was not working. So everything is running slightly subpar with Vishal gone. I can't remember if all speakers were working today, but then again I did not notice any serious sound problems.

Danie was the DJ tonight. Because Shila was there, I talked to him about it. I think he thought I was trying to make fun of him. I suppose I was - just a little, but Shila was pretty solid aside from the technical problem (which was fixed with turning off of the microphone) and some early weak song choices, and he'll be back next week. I think Danie was using Vishal's collection - there were a lot of old time Vish favorites along with some classics Vishal doesn't play often. Generally the songs were solid old crowd favorites with only a few misses - some new and some old.

Like last week, Luis was asking me if I would be DJing again. He seems to have the impression that I play kind of music he likes. I suspect that he would only like very small percentage of what I would play though. Grass looks greener on the other side. It's more likely that I will DJ again on some Thursdays.

I wasn't expecting to see a lot of people I know tonight. Some are out of town. Some others would not come because of some people not being there. It wasn't too bad for me - having come with low expectations, and I did have some dances I enjoyed. I did not stay to the end - leaving around 1:10.

No comments: