Bournemouth Eve

October 11, 2007

The surprise shows were Sean (here for saying goodbyes, etc – he’s moving away to Oxford/Reading in a couple of weeks – and who is Emily?) and Liam (looking positively sociable – two weeks in a row! – don’t count on it happening soon, but who knows for sure). I suppose I could count Lindsey too, but I’m guessing she was teaching – Charlotte wasn’t.

As expected most people stayed away – saving themselves for the long weekend. Fewer than usual people from class stayed as well. Sebastian and Polly were there as was Rajiv.

Some unusual songs included Este Mambo (Mongo Santamaria with La Lupe - Liam insisted for a while that this was Mongo Mambo until I came up with this alternative possibility), Show Me (Alex Wilson – no comment). I put on a song labelled Tu Loco Loco Y Yo Tranquilo (Roberto Roena) or something similar in title - It wasn't bad but I couldn't tell if it was the song I was looking for.

More typical songs included Vasos De Colores (Marvin Santiago), El Hijo De Obatala (Ray Barretto), La Fiesta De Pilito (El Gran Combo), Amame (El Gran Combo), Noche De Salsa (Louie Ramirez – seems like a daily staple now).

It wasn't bad but I wouldn't say that it was an inspired day. Like last night I felt like I was often just going through the motions. Hopefully it will improve this weekend.

Quote of the day. “I’m so excited. There's going to be like 30 good dancers there.”

A year’s worth.

No comments: