I guess there was some Salsa

October 20, 2007

Rajiv's housewarming party had some Salsa dancing especially early on before going into RnB mode presumably to be all-inclusive. I managed a couple of dances with Salsa - once on the carpet and once in the conservatory. The real highlight for me though was catching up with people I hadn't seen much recently like Cristelle and Sam. Zern and Haihan provided the most entertainment.

An exchange I can recall was a talk about people looking more attractive in Club Salsa than outside. One old theory (which did not come up tonight) I heard years ago involved size of the iris in darkened environment. In any case, this isn't something that has affected me - I could think of many instances where I thought someone looked nicer outside the Salsa environment whereas I cannot think of too many contrary cases. Generally I think everyone looks about the same independent of the setting.

No comments: