Further dissolution of the San Miguel Gang

February 26, 2008

Intermediate with Chris and Sally


6,7,1,2,3 CBL to open hold
5,6,7,1,2,3,5 prepare and lead follower into double turn ending with hammerlock R-L low
6,7,1,2,3,5 into Copa and exchange L-R going low and R-L high into another hammerlock
6,7,1,2,3,5 toss follower’s L behind her back and switch to R-R and L-L (should I call it “handcuff” position?) and CBL into full travelling counterclockwise turn (lead turn on 3) keeping R-R in place and L-L ending in half-crucifix position
6,7,1,2,3,5 prepare (or hold) and then lead follower to stationary clockwise turn to end facing each other with L-L hold
6,7,1,2,3,5 L-L into Copa and after leading follower to Copa turn leader turns counterclockwise for half turn on 5
6,7,1,2,3,5 break away on 6 and another Copa and lead follower to free Copa turn(s)
6,7,1,2,3,5,6 CBL start and get follower turned around half counterclockwise on 1 (or is it slightly before 1?) and bring follower back (leading follower to step forward on 2,3 I think) and turn her around 1/2 clockwise on 5 to step back into CBL position on 6
7,1,2,3,5 finish CBL

For the first time I made some attempts to use parts of the routine after the class. Until now I had been trying to convert these On2 moves into On1 and practice it dancing On1 before converting it back to On2. I suppose whatever works by any means necessary. Nevertheless maybe what happened today marks a minor breakthrough.

Cyrille made it to the class. He confirmed to me that he is indeed moving back to France. Oh well. He will leave a big void. It hasn’t been very long since Mimi left. Sergio will be gone in about a month too. I wonder who will fill the vacuum – I can’t imagine that there will be another hot French guy very soon.

Quote of the day, which would have made it an exchange of the day except the other half of the exchange was technical if kind and geeky if less so - "Oh wow… I can't…"

If I stay here long enough, I’m going to become a real old-timer. Heck, I probably qualify already for many. People who get left behind will claim to have history with other leftover people. I think Lindsey goofing around with me tonight during the classes was a large factor in me going into this line of thought.

Snickers?

I opted for beginners again after seeing improvers well balanced.

Steph and Liam showed up after the class. Other people there included Jane, Rajiv, Ed, Clara, William, Charlotte, Annette, and Demitrios.

Lindsey seemed quite thorough. I don’t think On2 lends itself to increased emphasis in technique any more so than On1 – I think it’s mainly because the people in that scene are more aware. As I was about to leave, I remembered an old quote along the lines of “It’s all about downbeat for me” and thought in amazement how much things have changed.

Tabaco Y Ron? Please don’t let it be on my account; I don’t think they’re that good – definitely not worth twice in one night. Other music used included Juana Pena, Pirana, Vasos De Colores, Lluvia Con Nieve.

I left a little after 10:30 and walked part of the way back with Liam and Steph.

Was it an earthquake?

No comments: